CECIP's vision and mission
The principal objective of CECIP is to represent at European level the weighing industry and its member organisations.
In particular CECIP focuses on:
- Promoting a high quality standard in the manufacture of weighing instruments;
- Co-operating with the metrological services in the establishment and amendment of the regulatory environment;
- Reducing the technical and administrative regulations relevant to weighing instruments to those requirements which are necessary not to harm users;
- Ensuring harmonisation of national regulations and the use of established international standards, in order to eliminate barriers to cross-border trade of weighing instruments;
- Ensuring that national and international requirements do not prevent the development of new weighing technologies;
- Liaising with national and international organisations and with end users concerning all aspects of legal metrology including consistent interpretation of requirements;
- Promoting a good understanding of modern weighing technology, especially in developing countries;
- Ensuring fair trade practices by all weighing instrument manufacturers worldwide.