CECIP Newsletter Q4 2019
CECIP Vision 2030: How the weighing industry should look in the next 10 years
The European weighing industry is constantly changing and it is important that with these changes coming the industry remains competitive, consumers are protected and innovations are introduced. Therefore, the right decisions need to be made to ensure all this in the next decade. In the new CECIP Vision 2030, CECIP presents its vision for the future of the European weighing industry and describes what should change, established and implemented in order to reach the industry´s full potential. Improvements are possible on aspects that will benefit users, society and the weighing industry. In five chapters the main elements are presented by CECIP, these are:
- CECIP believes there should be a true EU single market for both placing weighing instruments on the market and for reverification services
- Consumer protection
- Market surveillance should ensure consumer protection. CECIP is willing to cooperate with authorities to improve market surveillance. This should also result in less unfair competition.
- The weighing industry is becoming more digital. It is important that legislation is in place that fosters innovation and does not compromise consumer protection.
- Industrial strategy
- A true general EU industrial strategy is needed for the European industry to remain competitive in the coming decade
- The weighing industry is becoming more global. CECIP will strengthen its cooperation with its international partners and supports the work of OIML.
This vision serves as internal guidelines on the main CECIP priorities for the coming years and will be presented at different occasions. The full CECIP Vision 2030 can be found here.
CECIP presents Vision 2030 during dinner debate
On Thursday evening 21 November CECIP organised a dinner...